Installing energy efficient windows is a smart way to update your Southern California home because it’s a home renovation project that starts saving you money right away. About 20% of your home’s energy escapes through the windows, putting an extra burden on your HVAC system and leading to higher heating and cooling bills.
In fact, a typical homeowner updating from single-pane windows to high-performance windows can save as much as $500 a year! Your savings could be even more significant based on the size of your home and other factors.
With quality windows from top brands like Marvin, Milgard, and Simonton, Design Windows and Doors has helped thousands of homeowners reduce their carbon footprints and enjoy significantly lower energy bills. Choose from several styles to get the look you want along with impressive, money-saving performance.
Know What to Look for in Energy Efficient Replacement Windows
R-values, low-E glass, gas fills, and U-factors are a few of the terms you should become familiar with as you consider updating to energy efficient windows.
- R-Value: The R-value speaks to how efficiently a particular material insulates. The higher the number, the better the insulation.
- Low-E Glass: This invisible coating keeps heat inside during the winter when you need it and keeps it out during the summer when you don’t.
- Gas Fills: In double- or triple-paned house windows, gas fills provide insulation between the panes for greatly improved energy efficiency.
- U-Factor: The U-factor (or U-value) measures the heat lost or gained through the window. The U-factor typically ranges from 0.25 to 1.25 and the lower the number, the better.
High-Performance House Windows
Design Windows and Doors only installs replacement windows that provide impressive efficiency. Each brand that we offer has unique features, but all are top-rated Southern California energy efficient windows. For example, the benefits of Simonton windows include:
- Advanced Low-E protection that blocks UV rays while allowing natural light to enter.
- Argon gas fills to reduce heat transfer.
- Thermal spacers to help seal the window.
- Laminated glass to reduce energy loss, provide noise protection, and block UV rays.
Contact Us for More Information About Our Energy Efficient Windows
It’s not hard to see why the installation of top-rated replacement windows is such a smart investment in your Southern California home. No matter which of our quality windows you choose, you can count on expert installation and impressive energy efficiency. Call Design Windows and Doors today to learn more, or fill out our simple online form now to schedule a free, in-home design consultation and estimate.